So, what’s the deal with YESS anyway?
Helping youth in difficult realities is a daunting task. We have a purpose (what we’re going to do) and a commitment (who we want to be) to help guide us.
Empowering youth from difficult realities.
YESS is a relentlessly dedicated not-for-profit organization that shapes the future of Edmonton by supporting youth facing difficult realities. YESS offers distinct and invaluable services through a variety of channels that range from immediate emergency shelter to ongoing support programs and individual guidance.
- We are open and honest.
- We are caring and respectful.
- We are passionate and professional.
- We are committed to our kids, staff, and volunteers so they can be committed to their work.
- We find innovative solutions.
- We celebrate the successes of our kids, staff, volunteers, and agency.
- We believe that our work affects many people—it’s infectious.
- We are serious about what we do, but we take time to have fun too.
- We are YESS; we are one of a kind!
How are we going to achieve our goals? What is our philosophy? What kind of organization are we, anyway? Well, we believe…
- That every person deserves to be treated with respect for his or her inherent self-worth and dignity
- That the most effective way of helping others is to help them learn to help themselves
- That young people have the right to develop intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually to their fullest potential and, with encouragement and support, the right to determine the direction of such development
- That healthy family relationships and the preservation of the family is integral to the care and nurturing of youth
- That by working together and sharing resources a better community can be created for everyone
Return Policy: As a not-for-profit agency, the Youth Empowerment & Support Services does not provide refunds on donations.
Currency of Charges: The Youth Empowerment & Support Services operates using Canadian dollars
Revenue Canada Business No. 12953-7437 RR0001