You can support our youth by donating food, clothing, and other items. Our youth are between the ages of 15-24 and we can use all sizes, always.
We serve thousands of nutritious meals every year, and provide our kids with toiletries like deodorant and toothbrushes, as well as socks, footwear, and clothing. To meet their needs we rely completely on donations from the community!
We are able to take donations at both our Whyte Ave building (funds, food, or in-kind items such as clothing or toiletries) and Armoury Resource Centre (in-kind items only). Donation drop-off hours at Whyte Ave (9310 82 Ave) and the Armoury Resource Centre (10310 85 Ave) are Monday-Friday, 9AM-4PM.
Please call 780.468.7070 before bringing donations of large items such as furniture, appliances, or TVs.
- New socks
- New underwear, men’s & women’s, all sizes
- Men’s shorts
- Hats (ball caps, age-appropriate sun hats
- Swimwear, men’s & women’s, all sizes
- Summer footwear, men’s & women’s
- Beach towels
- Men’s & women’s deodorant
- Bug spray (alcohol free)
- Hand/body lotion
- Floor fans
Tax receipts can be issued upon request for new items valued at more than $10 with a proof-of-purchase receipt.
- Fresh of frozen meats (ground beef especially, pork, chicken)
- Fresh or frozen fish
- Canned tuna/salmon
- Canned meats
- Fresh or frozen vegetables
- Granola bars
- Fresh or frozen fruits
- Fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Juice mixes
- Mac and cheese
- Pasta sauces
- Salad dressing
- Cooking oil
At the moment we don’t need
- Parboiled rice
- Tomato soup
Nutrition is an important part of YESS programs and we make sure all our food is prepared properly and professionally.
You can help make sure your food donations are just what our youth need to stay healthy!
We cannot accept
- Food not prepared in a commercial kitchen
- Food not wrapped air-tight containers
- Bread in black garbage bags (unless they are wrapped)
- Items that are opened/have been tampered with
- Food that has been at room temperature for longer than 2-3 hours
For example, homemade sweets and meals, dressed leaf-based salads, open products, items that aren’t fully wrapped
We can accept
- Unopened non-perishable food items
- Unopened perishable food items
- Items from catering companies/restaurants that haven’t been served
For example, canned/dry goods, sealed dairy products, groceries with a receipt for a charitable tax receipt, fresh produce (home garden produce accepted), unopened fresh or frozen meat
Donating laptops, PCs, and TVs
Access to proper technology helps our youth on their educational, employment, and personal goals.
Here are some guidelines to help make sure any technology donations suit our youth and their needs.
We can accept
- New laptops/PCs/TVs (receipt required to verify)
- Used laptops/PCs/TVs that are less than a year old (receipt required to verify)
- Please call ahead before donating TVs
Used laptops/PCs/TVs that are over a year old and/or no longer functional come at a cost for us to dispose of responsibly. Thank you for helping us avoid these costs.
Tax receipts can be issued upon request for new items valued at more than $20 with a proof-of-purchase receipt.
Items We Can’t Use
- Sugary snacks (candy, pop, donuts, etc.)
- Exercise equipment and weight benches
- Large appliances
- Ping pong tables
- Pool tables
Any donations that we are not able to use in a timely manner or that are surplus to our needs may be shared with other non-profit organizations in need or used in our fundraising efforts.