Why you should join the YESS family

YESS has a dedicated staff team committed to the well-being of Edmonton’s youth. We offer a great work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow as an individual and as part of the team. We offer competitive wages and benefits. Above all, we offer an opportunity for you to help youth from difficult realities overcome challenges and obstacles and become productive young adults.

YESS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume for the positions posted.


Youth Worker (Shelter)

Artistic Programming Coordinator

Youth Workers (Shelters – Weekends)

Youth Worker (Supportive Housing)

Practicum Students

Resource Worker (Full Time)


Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we are unable to acknowledge every applicant individually. Only candidates meeting the requirements indicated in our advertisements will be contacted.

Please  note that YESS is a pet-friendly facility.


To apply, visit our careers portal.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does every employee need to have to work at YESS?

All employees are required to submit these valid documents:

    • Criminal Record Check / Vulnerable Sector Check (no older than 6 months)
    • Intervention Record Check (Child & Youth) (no older than 6 months)

Where can I get a Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check?

How long does it take to get my Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check?

Typically, you can head over to the Nexus Business Office and obtain these on the spot, however, they are currently offering this online and this may take up to 2 days to receive. If you apply for this online is may take up to 2 days.

Where can I get an Intervention Record Check (Child and Youth)?

Currently all offices are closed, however, you can call the offices to see how to obtain these checks at this time. Here is the website to visit:

How long does it take to get my (Child and Youth) Intervention Record Check?

Typically, this takes anywhere from 20 to 30 business days, however, this may take longer with the current circumstances

    • This is currently taking an upwards of 60 days to receive so we highly recommend that all those interested in working at YESS apply for this regardless of the status of your application – this is also no cost to you to get.

I am looking to volunteer with YESS. How can I do that?

You will need to connect with our Volunteers Programs Officer for current volunteer opportunities.

What types of careers are there at YESS?

We have several different careers at YESS to fully support our operations. We have departments that are dedicated to raising money and building community relationships to finance, administration, cooking, and maintenance. Feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 780-468-7070 Ext. 244 for any specific questions.

I tried to apply for a position but there was no “apply” button. What do I do?

First, try refreshing the page. If that does not work, try using an internet browser like Google Chrome to access the posting. If that also does not work, feel free to contact our Human Resources to help you out at 780-468-7070 ext. 244!

I want to complete my practicum placement at YESS, how can I do this?

We do not have a set amount of practicum placements throughout the year and these placements are not guaranteed. All individuals interested in having a practicum placement with YESS are to apply through the Careers portal through the Practicum Student posting. All applicants are reviewed on a monthly basis by our Program Managers and Supervisors. If we find a suitable placement, the applicants will be contacts and an interview will be conducted. Once the team has decided to move forward with a practicum placement, Human Resources will set up an orientation and ensure you have what you need to be successful here at YESS.

What kind of education do I need in order to work as a youth worker?

We accept a number of different programs run by various institutions to work with us, however, the most popular ones are:

    • Child and Youth Services
    • Social Work
    • Addiction and Community Service Worker
    • Bachelor of Psychology
    • Correctional Services Program

If you have experience working in the field but no direct education to support that, give our Human Resources team a call at 780-468-7070 ext. 244 and we can see what steps we can take.