The Youth Education and Employment Program provides youth between the ages of 15–24 with skills and knowledge to help them identify career goals, access job-specific training, and learn job readiness skills like cover letter writing and interview skills.
While youth learn work skills, staff provide support, follow-up support, and a range of other services to help youth achieve and maintain employment.
- Employment and education foundations to help youth gain basic skills such as creating resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, and appropriate workplace/school behaviour
- Life skills foundations such as emotional regulation, conflict resolution, anger management, and self-care
- Industry-specific foundations will provide youth with certifications needed for specific industries such as First Aid, WHMIS, Pro-Serve, food safety, fall protection, etc.
- 3 weeks of in-class training to build knowledge and identify skills required along with job shadowing to develop employability
- 12 weeks of employment practicum and work experience
- Wages and living allowances for qualified applicants
If you’re interested in ways to partner with YESS through the Youth Education and Employment Program or other sponsorship opportunities,
please contact our Fund Development Team at email@example.com
Thank you to our Youth Education and Employment Program Partners
Walk the Talk
The Youth Education and Employment Program is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy