You can support our youth by donating food, clothing, and other items. Our youth are between the ages of 15-24 and we can use all sizes, always.
We serve more than 60,000 nutritious meals every year, and provide our kids with toiletries, like deodorant and toothbrushes, as well as socks, footwear, and clothing. To meet their needs we rely completely on donations from the community!
We are happy to take donations at our Whyte Avenue facility, located at 9310 82 Avenue, Edmonton, between the hours of 8:30AM-4:30PM. After-hours in-kind donations can be dropped off in the white metal bins at the back of our Whyte Ave building.
Not all large items can be accepted. Please call ahead before bringing donations of large items such as furniture and appliances.
- New socks
- New thermal socks
- New underwear, men’s & women’s, all sizes
- New thermal underwear
- New bras
- Long underwear
- Sweatpants/yoga pants
- Pajama bottoms
- Warm coats
- Shampoo & conditioner (men’s & women’s)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hot pads for gloves
- Water bottles
- Winter recreation items (crazy carpets, toboggans, skates, etc.)
These items are for youth who are staying with us long-term in our residential programs, so the sizes are specific.
- Light blue jeans (women’s size 42)
- Hoodie/zip-up sweaters (men’s medium and large).
- T-shirts (men’s XL)
- Sneakers (sizes 12/13 men’s, 11 women’s)
- Sweaters (men’s XL)
- Onesie (men’s large)
- Pull-over hoodie (men’s XXL)
- Shirts (men’s large)
- Winter boots (sizes 9-12 wide men’s, 8 women’s)
- Winter coats (men’s XL, women’s medium, XL)
- Canned meats/tuna
- Canned assorted beans (not baked beans)
- Pasta sauces
- Ready-made beef soup
- Ready-made canned pasta
- Coconut milk
- Healthy portable snacks (fruit cups, pudding, etc.)
- Macaroni & cheese
- Olive oil
- Lemon/lime juice
- Sugar-free juices
Nutrition is an important part of YESS programs and we make sure all our food is prepared properly and professionally.
You can help make sure your food donations are just what our youth need to stay healthy!
We cannot accept
- Food not prepared in a commercial kitchen
- Not wrapped air-tight
- Bread in black garbage bags (unless they are wrapped)
- Items that are opened/have been tampered with
- Food that has been at room temperature for longer than 2-3 hours
For example, homemade sweets and meals, dressed leaf-based salads, open products, items that aren’t fully wrapped
We can accept
- Unopened non-perishable food items
- Unopened perishable food items
- Items from catering companies/restaurants that haven’t been served
For example, canned/dry goods, sealed dairy products, groceries with a receipt for a charitable tax receipt, fresh produce (home garden produce accepted), unopened fresh or frozen meat
Items We Can’t Use
- Sugary snacks (candy, pop, donuts, etc.)
- Exercise equipment and weight benches
- Large appliances
- Ping pong tables
- Pool tables
Any donations that we are not able to use in a timely manner or that are surplus to our needs may be shared with other non-profit organizations in need or used in our fundraising efforts.
Tax receipts can be issued upon request for new items valued at more than $20 with a proof-of-purchase receipt.