You can support our youth by donating food, clothing, and other items. Our youth are between the ages of 15-24 and we can use all sizes, always.
We serve thousands of nutritious meals every year, and provide our kids with toiletries like deodorant and toothbrushes, as well as socks, footwear, and clothing. To meet their needs we rely completely on donations from the community!
We are happy to take in-kind donations at our Whyte Avenue facility, located at 9310 82 Avenue, Edmonton, between the hours of 9AM-4PM, Monday to Friday. If you’re dropping off donations after hours, please ring the doorbell on the west side of the building for assistance. Thank you for not leaving donation items unattended around our building.
Please call 780.468.7070 before bringing donations of large items such as furniture and appliances.
For more information about donating around the holidays–what to donate, where to donate, etc.–read our Winter Giving 101 blog article!
- New socks
- New wool socks
- New underwear, men’s & women’s, all sizes
- New bras
- Shampoo & conditioner (men’s & women’s)
- Hand sanitizer
- Water bottles (reusable)
Tax receipts can be issued upon request for new items valued at more than $10 with a proof-of-purchase receipt.
- Juice boxes
- Litres of juice
- Granola bars
- Fruit cups
- Pudding cups
- Spaghetti noodles, penne, rotini, etc.
- Canned tomatoes
- Canned pasta
- Pasta sauce
- Salad dressing
- Canned corn
At the moment we don’t need
- Any soup
- Any beans
- Canned vegetables other than corn
- Creamed corn
- Mac & cheese
Nutrition is an important part of YESS programs and we make sure all our food is prepared properly and professionally.
You can help make sure your food donations are just what our youth need to stay healthy!
We cannot accept
- Food not prepared in a commercial kitchen
- Food not wrapped air-tight containers
- Bread in black garbage bags (unless they are wrapped)
- Items that are opened/have been tampered with
- Food that has been at room temperature for longer than 2-3 hours
For example, homemade sweets and meals, dressed leaf-based salads, open products, items that aren’t fully wrapped
We can accept
- Unopened non-perishable food items
- Unopened perishable food items
- Items from catering companies/restaurants that haven’t been served
For example, canned/dry goods, sealed dairy products, groceries with a receipt for a charitable tax receipt, fresh produce (home garden produce accepted), unopened fresh or frozen meat
Donating laptops and PCs
Access to proper technology helps our youth on their educational, employment, and personal goals.
Here are some guidelines to help make sure any technology donations suit our youth and their needs.
We can accept
- New laptops/PCs (receipt required to verify)
- Used laptops/PCs that are less than a year old (receipt required to verify)
Used laptops/PC that are over a year old and/or no longer functional come at a cost for us to dispose of responsibly. Thank you for helping us avoid these costs.
Tax receipts can be issued upon request for new items valued at more than $20 with a proof-of-purchase receipt.
Items We Can’t Use
- Sugary snacks (candy, pop, donuts, etc.)
- Exercise equipment and weight benches
- Large appliances
- Ping pong tables
- Pool tables
Any donations that we are not able to use in a timely manner or that are surplus to our needs may be shared with other non-profit organizations in need or used in our fundraising efforts.