The Organic Box provides hundreds of dollars’ worth of produce to our kitchens every week. They have also shared their passion for helping our youth with their Food Family initiative, which has led to donations of over $13,000.
Our youth love to try new things–maybe you’re the same! If you’re looking for a fresh recipe full of spring flavours, try out this recipe from our friends at The Organic Box.
Brown Rice and Fresh Pea Frittata
3/4 cup fresh peas (frozen works well here too in a pinch)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet and add the green onions and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and parsley and a splash of water. Cook until peas are bright green, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rice and then then pea mixture.
- Heat remaining 1tTbsp oil in a nonstick pan. Pour in egg mixture, using a spatula to lift the eggs and tilt the pan to let eggs run underneath.
- Cover and turn down to low, shaking the pan every few minutes to prevent burning. Cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Remove to a platter and let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.